
Mom, Hannah, Elijah, and I went to Eugster's Pumpkin Farm today! Even though we about froze to death (it was in the upper 40s and very windy!), we had a wonderful time! Hannah had fun going through the "Spooky Scary Silo" (it was a silo that was dark on the inside except for some glow-in-the-dark creatures lit with blacklights and some fun music such as the theme from Scooby Doo and Purple People Eater--it was made for kids her age). There was a teepee made from corn stalks that was probably the warmest place around--Mom and Elijah spent a lot of time in there. Hannah and I went on a hayride out to the pumpkin patch to pick out our two pumpkins--one is orange and one is green and orange. They also had lots of animals--some to look at and some to pet. Hannah got to hold a really cute kitten and petted some goats. We also saw a cow, a pig, some sheep, and some geese, who really amused me when they tried to attack us! Luckily, they were behind a fence. They were running at the fence, honking at us, sticking their heads and necks through the fence, and one even almost bit me when I wasn't paying attention--and I wasn't even close to the fence! About scared me to death! We got some small gourds to put in a basket on our countertop, some apples, some tomatoes, some kettle corn, and Mom wanted her and Dad to try a "cow pie." Have fun, guys. (I think it's chocolate, pecans, and caramel?) Anyway, it was really fun. Well, I don't know that Eli would agree...he slept and felt cold for most of the time. Maybe next year he'll enjoy it more! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment