Easter 2013

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Piano Recital and the Frozen Parade

Sunday was such a busy day!!! We went to church in the morning. Then, it was time for Hannah's piano recital at 2:00! The kids all went dressed up in their Halloween costumes, and their teacher, Miss Joanna, dressed up, too! She was a flight attendant, and the whole theme for the recital was being on a flight. VERY cute--she gave instructions at the beginning like "you may experience sensations such as butterflies in the stomach or nausea..." It was fun. Hannah was the second to perform and she did such a great job! She played three songs, "Raindrops," "Call of the Drum," and "Ants Go Marching." She just mainly plays a couple notes as rhythm and Miss Joanna plays the melodies. :) But she's learning quickly! And then she sat through the whole rest of the recital (about an hour)--I was really impressed that she behaved so well through all that--it's a lot to sit through--I even caught Mom checking her watch! LOL

After the recital, it was time to go home to get ready for the neighborhood Halloween parade. There had been a lot of speculation about whether or not it would happen on the scheduled date because of the weather, but it went on as planned. Probably not a great idea. It ended up being about 40 degrees with winds at 20-30 miles per hour. Mom took Hannah on the shortened parade (Dad had left just after the recital for a trip), and, since I had to feed Eli, I had planned to meet them at the end with him in costume for the party part. But, once Eli and I got there, I knew that I wasn't about to get the little guy out of the car--it had started to snow flurry and there were huge gusts of wind and I was thinking NO WAY!!! So I just picked up Mom and Hannah and we drove home. Luckily, weather for Halloween is supposed to be MUCH nicer!! :) And Hannah did enjoy the parade--she got to play on the playground with her friend, Kylie.

No comments: