Easter 2013

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!!


We had such a fun Halloween! Hannah dressed up as Snow White (no surprise that she was a princess, right?), and Elijah was a pea pod. :) On Thursday night, we went trick-or-treating at "Attic Angels," which is a retirement home where Mom volunteers. The residents there were wonderful. They were so nice, and, of course, they loved seeing all the kids. They especially loved Elijah and his costume! Even all the other kids there kept coming over and saying how cute he was! (I hope Hannah wasn't TOO jealous--people did say how cute she was, too.) :) They had a really nice, big room set up with a pile of hay and pumpkins where we could sit and take pictures--we got a great one of Hannah and Eli. :) On Friday, Hannah and I designed our pumpkins together and I carved them (with direction from her, of course) :) I was really pleased with how they turned out--I was quite impressed with myself (one even had earrings!)--and with Hannah's and my creative skills! Friday night, we took pictures of Hannah and Elijah in their costumes, and then I took Hannah trick-or-treating. This is a great neighborhood for it--lots of kids, lots of houses, lots of decorations...it was great! She was a little hesitant at first about going to the doors, but it didn't take long before I would start walking to the door with her and she'd say "I can do it by myself" and leave me standing at the sidewalk. LOL She had a lot of stamina, and she got a lot of candy (a couple houses even gave out whole candy bars!) It was a great Halloween! Time for some sugar highs!!!

No comments: