Elijah went to the doctor for his 4-month appointment today. As always, everything is wonderful! He's growing wonderfully...he now weighs 15 pounds; 13 ounces (70th percentile) and is 24 3/4 inches long (49th percentile). The nurse was so amused by him--he was standing on my lap while she was asking me all the typical questions, and the whole time he was just looking at her and smiling off and on...it was VERY cute. I found out that we can now start him on solid foods--rice cereal at first, then oatmeal, then "real" foods at 5 months (like Gerber veggies, fruits, etc.) Then, at 6 months Cheerios!!! :) Hannah is so excited that we can start solids because now she can be involved in feeding--FINALLY something she can really be involved in!! Pictures of THAT to follow soon--and I'm sure they'll be adorable!! Of course no baby's doctor visit is complete without a few shots. Eli got the same 3 shots as last time, and will get them again at 6 months. Apparently the side effects are a little worse the 2nd time around, which is obvious to me because he's been really fussy and really sleepy all day. Poor little guy. I don't think I've seen him smile once since the doctor's appointment. I'll hope for a better day tomorrow. By the way, we've been really enjoying some beautiful weather here! It's been in the 70's, and it's November!!! I can't believe it!!! Unfortunately, the honeymoon is about to come to an end...tomorrow's the last warm day. It'll be highs in the 40's by the end of the week. We're trying to soak up all the warm we can get!!
Summer 2012 Recap
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment