(I just realized that I have to start this post with two of the cutest pictures I have in recent history, and they're from yesterday...Eli suddenly walked up to Hannah and gave her a hug! And he did this several times, so I was able to capture a picture. It was SO sweet!) Yesterday was probably one of the most beautiful days of the year! And we just HAD to spend it outside! In the morning, I took the kids over to the Middleton Good Neighbor Festival. It was a little cool when we arrived--jacket weather--probably in the 50s, but sunny. There were lots of craft stands that we walked through first. I got Hannah an adorable hand-made jumper--green with little watermelons all over it...and it has a matching one for her doll. It is VERY cute. We also went to a stand where someone had done a beautiful job of carving things out of wood--LOTS of games! So, I got Hannah a little tic-tac-toe board since she really loves that game. I also got Eli a little hand-carved wooden car, which he loves to drive around the room and say "vroom!" (Hannah taught him that!) Then, the kids played on the play structure for a while--Hannah even made a friend there! Eli enjoyed the swings, and Hannah and her friend played on the slides and the swings. Last, we went over to the carnival. We didn't do any rides because Eli was too little, but we did play (way too many!) carnival games. The kids won some great junk, and had lots of fun!
After we were done there (at about 11:45), I dropped Hannah off at her best friend, Tayla's, house where she stayed until after 6:00! During the afternoon, Brent and I took Eli to the Vilas Zoo in downtown Madison! We saw some great animals, and I think Eli's favorite was the tiger. The tiger came right up to the glass, so we were less than a foot away from him! Eli was pointing and saying "ga! ga! ga!" Very exciting! Of course my favorite were the poison dart frogs, which were very elusive, but I got to see a few. And Brent's favorites were, of course, his favorite animals, the buffalo! Very big and very impressive! I think when we were at the zoo, it was about 68 degrees with not a cloud in the sky. The perfect day! Tomorrow is orientation day at Kindergarten!
After we were done there (at about 11:45), I dropped Hannah off at her best friend, Tayla's, house where she stayed until after 6:00! During the afternoon, Brent and I took Eli to the Vilas Zoo in downtown Madison! We saw some great animals, and I think Eli's favorite was the tiger. The tiger came right up to the glass, so we were less than a foot away from him! Eli was pointing and saying "ga! ga! ga!" Very exciting! Of course my favorite were the poison dart frogs, which were very elusive, but I got to see a few. And Brent's favorites were, of course, his favorite animals, the buffalo! Very big and very impressive! I think when we were at the zoo, it was about 68 degrees with not a cloud in the sky. The perfect day! Tomorrow is orientation day at Kindergarten!
1 comment:
So wonderful to see your children having fun...It HAS been beautiful weather. Nice to see Brent with Eli...he is very proud.
Post a Comment