skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The Rise of Technology


I'm constantly amazed at how much technology is growing. Mom and Dad have told me that when I was 4 or 5 I was amazingly good at a couple computer games--I could even beat their friends! But of course these games were on a very large, slow, old computer. As I grew up, computers got smaller and more complex, but still they were nothing compared to what they are today! I can't even believe we survived without the internet when I was growing up--without whitepages.com, Wikipedia, Google, Mapquest, etc.! And now there are these cool iPads (and iPods) where you can just touch a small screen and everything happens immediately! And you can do anything you want! Play games, look up information, learn... and even kids as young as Eli can completely navigate their way around on it! My good friend Beth came to visit last weekend and had some cool games on her iPad that the kids had a ball playing! I got some new apps for them over the weekend too and now I hardly get my iPad back! Learning to share is always part of it. Sometimes they play it together nicely, but usually things work out better when it's one at a time. :) I wonder what technology will be like when Hannah and Eli have kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment