This is about the adventures and antics of our little family. We hope you enjoy it, and we hope we generate some smiles and laughs along the way!
Easter 2013
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Meteorite!
On April 15th, I was sitting downstairs and saw out my window an incredibly bright flash of light followed by an intense fireball falling towards the ground. It was really scary at the time, but it turns out that it was actually a meteor! It was very fascinating, and I feel so fortunate to have been able to witness it! A few people in western Wisconsin were able to find seven pieces of the meteorite (one even still has grass on it!) and loaned them to the UW Geology Museum, so they had them on display during the week, and, of course, we HAD to go see them! It was so cool to see these tiny "rocks" and know that they are what I saw fall through the sky as a giant fireball! Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment