Elijah has been having such a rough time lately... First of all, he has been having such a hard time with teething! He's working on his molars--he has two in so far, and the third is almost there. One of his newest favorite playthings has become my muffin tins, and apparently they make great teethers, too! Last Wednesday evening, I had to take him to Urgent Care because he had been crying uncontrollably for almost 3 hours and had a 101 fever! I was afraid he had an ear infection since he'd had a cold for a few days. But, as it turns out, he had "pink eardrums" which were apparently "almost an ear infection but not quite yet." Hmmm. Anyway, the doctor said it's just pain from his teeth and there's nothing I can do about it other than giving him Motrin like I had been. Nights were rough and he didn't get much better, so I took him to his regular doctor on Friday morning, and then he really did have an ear infection. He started taking antibiotics and started feeling better fairly quickly. So, on Sunday afternoon, we had planned to go to the Pumpkin Farm with Hannah, Eli, and Hannah's best friend. This was the only day we could go before Halloween. Just before we were going to leave, Eli started throwing up! About 5 times in an hour! So, Gabah took the two girls, and Grammie and I stayed home with Elijah. But, after that hour, he never threw up again. And now, he's back to normal except for his slight cold and his painful teething. But the girls and Gabah had a great time at the Pumpkin Patch! They saw some giant pumpkins, bought our pumpkins, rode on the haywagon, walked through the corn maze, petted the animals, and lots of other things! I'm glad they were still able to go! This weekend, we're headed to Missouri for the Mizzou homecoming and a wonderful visit with my grandparents!!


No comments:
Post a Comment