Easter 2013

Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy First Birthday, Elijah!





Well, I don't know why it took me THIS long to post this, but here it is, anyway. Elijah had a great first birthday! We celebrated it as a family on Sunday because Gabah had to go to London on Monday. We were very blessed to have GG (Gabah's mom) here with us for the occasion, which was really special. We started out with him opening presents. He got many fun toys, but was just a bit overwhelmed and overstimulated. But now, he's gotten to play with his toys, and he loves each and every one of them! (As does Hannah. LOL) After presents was the eating part! I made cupcakes, and Eli started out smooshing them and throwing bits to the floor. Once I had him eat some, he really got the idea and started eating it! He didn't make as much of a mess as I thought he would, though. I figured he'd have it all over his face and hair because he is a pretty messy guy--he usually ends up with some of his oatmeal in his hair in the mornings. But, he was pretty neat with his cupcake! On his actual birthday, I took him over to Brent's house for a couple hours. There, he got to play with Brent, Jerry, and Rose, and we all had a great time! Eli loved playing the game where he would take pieces of wrapping paper and hand them to Jerry as Jerry would say "thank you!!" He was also able to show off his new walking skills to everyone both at home and at Brent's house. Eli is now a VERY proficient walker. And FAST! Unfortunately, on the evening of his birthday, he took a forward tumble on the hardwood floor and bumped his forehead pretty hard and ended up with a big bump and, the next day, a bruise. But after a couple minutes of crying, he didn't complain any more. I can't believe that our little guy is already one year old!!! P.S. To see more birthday pictures, click here... http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2585883&id=8621722&l=75e4cbb1b9

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, so cute! I showed the bday pics to Mary, especially the standing one. She was like, I would take that baby home with me! :)

Anonymous said...

Great to see pictures of Eli with Brent.